- In 2017, there were 20 hospitalizations due to hypertension among Chatham-Kent residents.
- The rate was 16.4 (9.0, 23.8) per 100,000 which was not significantly different than the rate of 18.2 (17.5, 18.8) per 100,000 for Ontario.
- Over time, rates for the province have remained stable while rates for Chatham-Kent have fluctuated and have been higher than the province overall.
Age-standardized hospitalization rate for hypertension, Chatham-Kent and Ontario, 2003-2017
By Age Group
- For Ontario, hospitalization rates increased significantly with increasing age. A similar trend was observed for Chatham-Kent, however the differences between age groups were not significant.
Rate of hospitalizations for hypertension, by age, Chatham-Kent and Ontario, 2017
- Locally and provincially, males and females experienced similar hospitalization rates for hypertension.