- In 2017, the pregnancy rate was 53.6 (50.5, 56.7) per 1,000 females of reproductive age which was similar to the rate of 53.1 (52.9, 53.4) per 1,000 females for Ontario.
- Over time, rates provincially have decreased slightly while rates in Chatham-Kent have remained relatively stable.
Pregnancy rate, Chatham-Kent and Ontario, 2006-2016
By Age Group
- For Chatham-Kent, pregnancy rates increased significantly with increasing age until age 29 and then decreased significantly with increasing age after age 30, while for the province overall, pregnancy rates were highest among those aged 30 to 34.
- In Chatham-Kent, rates among women under age 30 were significantly higher than Ontarians of the same age groups.
- In Chatham-Kent, rates among women aged 30 and older were significantly lower than rates for Ontarians of the same age groups.
Pregnancy rate, by female age, Chatham-Kent and Ontario, 2016
- In 2017, the fertility rate for Chatham-Kent was 48.5 (45.5, 51.5) live births per 1,000 females of reproductive age which was significantly higher than the rate of 40.4 (40.2, 40.6) per 1,000 females for Ontario.
- Over time, rates for Chatham-Kent have increased gradually and have been higher than rates for the province overall.
Fertility rate, Chatham-Kent and Ontario, 2006-2017
By Age Group
- In Chatham-Kent, those 25 to 34 had significantly higher fertility rates compared to other age groups, while for the province overall, the 30 to 34 age group specifically had the highest fertility rates.
- In Chatham-Kent, fertility rates were significantly higher among women aged 15 to 29 compared to Ontarians of the same age groups.
- Rates among women aged 35 to 44 were significantly lower in Chatham-Kent compared to Ontarians of the same groups.